Welcome to Nanotechnology and Biodelivery Laboratory
We are devoted to the fabrication and engineering of nanoparticles made with natural biomaterials, including carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids, as well as nanoclays, for various applications in food safety, quality and functionality.
If you are interested in our research or have any questions about what we do, please feel free to contact Dr. Luo by email.
- USDA funding on Wastewater Treatment Featured on UConn TodayHigh-profile food recalls due to outbreaks of diseases like Salmonella shed light on a persistent problem for agriculture: contaminated irrigation water. Dr. Luo’s research, recently funded by USDA NIFA, will create biopolymer beads to clean wastewater for safer agricultural irrigation. Read the full story on UConn Today.Posted on September 29, 2021
- New Publication by Erika FlemingErika Fleming published a research article in Food Biophysics.Posted on September 23, 2021
- Doctoral Dissertation Defense by Jingyi XueCongratulations to Jingyi Xue on successfully defending her doctoral dissertation on 8/4/2021.Posted on August 7, 2021
- New Publication by Taoran Wang and WusigaleTaoran Wang and Wusigale (co-first authors) published a new research article in Advanced Composites and Hybrid Materials.Posted on July 15, 2021
- New Publication by Jingyi XueJingyi Xue published a new research article in Food Hydrocolloids.Posted on June 23, 2021